Last modified: 7/01/23
Notice to California Residents: If you are a California resident, please click here.
Notice to Virginia Residents: If you are a Virginia resident, please click here.
Notice to Colorado Residents: If you are a Colorado resident, please click here.
Notice to Connecticut Residents: If you are a Connecticut resident, please click here.
Here are the key things We’d like to bring to your attention:
- BuzzRx does not sell or share your prescription data--information regarding your prescription drugs that are linked to your name, contact information, and other personal data you provide Us.
- In limited cases, BuzzRx may use prescription data, which is linked to your name and contact information, to fulfill a request that you have made (for example, sending you a prescription discount card and/or coupon, etc.), to perform internal business operations, analytics, and audits with health care providers that will help Us improve Our product and service offerings, and to tell you about programs We believe may be of interest to you.
- Any prescription data that We may receive references a prescription that you’ve filled using Our program, including: the drug class, name, dosage, form, and quantity. Unless you’ve given it to Us, We don’t have access to the rest of your medical history or other medical information.
1. Personal Information We Collect
- Identifiers: Identifiers such as: a real name, alias, date of birth, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address (“IP Address”), email address, or other similar identifiers.
- Customer Records: Any of the following types of information: telephone number, information related to your use of Our services or discounts, including information about your prescription medications.
- Protected Classifications: Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law such as: gender.
- Commercial Information: Commercial information, including records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other consuming histories or tendencies when using Our services or discounts.
- Internet Activity: Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.
- Geolocation Data: Coarse geolocation data.
This Policy does not apply to any information that is publicly available.
2. Categories of Sources of Personal Information
We may collect all categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
Source: Information You Provide to Us
We collect personal information that you provide directly to Us.
Generally, We do not require that you provide Us with information or create an account in order to use Our Site or to view Our prices, discounts and services. However, if you request to receive certain services (for example, sending you a prescription discount card and/or coupon, etc.), you may need to provide Us with personal information so that We can fulfill this request. We will tell you what information is required and what information is optional.
By providing your personal information, you agree to let Us use such personal information in order to provide you with the requested service, to perform internal business operations, analytics, and audits with health care providers that will help Us improve Our product and service offerings, and to reach out to you about programs We believe may be of interest to you. Here are some examples where you might provide Us with your personal information:
- In order to register for an account, you will need to provide Us (e.g., name, either (i) email address or (ii) phone number, and the password you create).
- In order to receive a prescription discount card and/or coupon via email or text, you will need to provide Us your email address or phone number where We can text you. We will use the information provided to tell you about programs We believe may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving text messaging at any time by responding to one of Our texts with the word “STOP.”
- If you request a prescription discount card and/or coupon via mail, you must give Us your name and mailing address. We will use the information provided to tell you about programs We believe may be of interest to you.
- You automatically sign up for free BuzzRx email updates when you request that a BuzzRx discount card and/or coupon be sent via email. You have the option to opt out of receiving these updates. This opt-out messaging will appear at the bottom of every email that We send to you and will provide you with the ability to opt out of receiving future emails.
- When you call Our customer service team.
Marketing Communications: Opt-Out
If you opt in to receive marketing communications from Us, you must submit your name, email address, mailing address, and, in some cases, phone number. We use this data to send you promotional and other electronic and hardcopy communications. We may use third-parties or service providers to deliver communications to you. You may opt out of such marketing emails by using the unsubscribe link in the email or contacting Us at info@BuzzRx.com with “Unsubscribe” in the subject line. To opt out of other communications (e.g., postal marketing and telemarketing), please contact Us as set forth below. Opting out of marketing communications does not opt you out of non-marketing communications, such as emails about your account or transactions.
When you provide comments or feedback about Our Site, the content on the Site, or Our products or services ("Feedback"), We will not treat that Feedback as confidential and We may use that Feedback for any purpose in Our sole discretion so long as it does not personally identify you. Feedback will be used without attribution or compensation to you.
Applying to Work with BuzzRx
Business Contracts with Us
When a business contracts directly with Us for the purchase of Our products or services, We may collect the business contact information of those involved. The processing of any information provided in such a business context is governed by the contracts between that business and BuzzRx.
Information We May Collect on Our Website or the BuzzRx App
You may use the BuzzRx services by accessing Our Website or the BuzzRx App. When you use Our Website or the BuzzRx App, We may collect and use certain technical data and related information, including, without limitation, technical information about your device, system, software, and other ancillary information. This information may be obtained to facilitate the provision of certain services, software updates, and product support. When you use Our Website or the BuzzRx App, some or all of the following information may be automatically collected and stored:
- Information about how you interact with Our Website https://www.BuzzRx.com and the BuzzRx App, including how many times you use a specific part of Our Website or the BuzzRx App, the amount of time that you spend using Our Website or the BuzzRx App, how often you use Our Website or the BuzzRx App, and how you engage with Our Website or the BuzzRx App;
- Your mobile phone number or other unique device identifier assigned to your mobile device, such as the MEID number (sometimes referred to as an Electronic Serial Number);
- The IP address of your device;
- The manufacturer and model of your mobile device;
- Your operating system;
- The Internet browser you are using;
- Your login information;
- Your geolocation; and
- Your preferred language.
We may use this information as follows:
Information You Provide in Communications with Us
- To ensure that Our Website or the BuzzRx App is operable;
- To modify or customize the content on Our Website or the BuzzRx App for you;
- To improve how We communicate with you through the BuzzRx App;
- To improve the functionality and engagement of Our Website or the BuzzRx App and Our services, generally;
- To determine which features of Our Website or the BuzzRx App are most useful;
- To personalize the services and content available through Our Website or the BuzzRx App;
- To conduct statistical analysis and extract non-identifiable demographic information;
When you contact Us by email or other communications, you may provide Us with your name, contact information and, if you choose to provide it, limited prescription information. We use this information to respond to you and to try and fulfill your request.
Source: We Collect Personal Information Automatically
As you navigate through the Site, certain anonymous information can be passively collected (that is, gathered without you actively providing the information) using various technologies, such as cookies, Internet tags or web beacons, and navigational data collection (log files, server logs, clickstream). Your Internet browser automatically transmits to this Site some of this anonymous information, such as the URL of the website you just came from, the Internet Protocol (IP) address and the browser version your computer or mobile device is currently using, pages, screens, page content, which may include drug names and information, information about how you interact with the Site (e.g., how many times you use a specific part of the Site and amount of time you spend on the Site, how often you use the Site, and how you engage with the Site), your mobile phone number or other unique device identifier assigned to your mobile device, such as the MEID number (sometimes referred to as an Electronic Serial Number), the manufacturer and model of your computer or mobile device, your mobile operating system, your geolocation, and your preferred language.
Information from Cookies
If you request a BuzzRx discount card and/or coupon, information collected by cookies can be associated with your BuzzRx membership account information. (Read more about what information is collected by cookies below.) We use this information to provide you with better, faster service, particularly for recurring visits.
There are other places where BuzzRx collects data that does not include your name and contact information, including the sections below. We, like many other websites on the internet, collect this data to remember information about you and your preferences. This way, We can provide you, and other individuals like you, with better, faster service, particularly when you return to Our Site.
Information from Logs
When you access BuzzRx services, Our servers automatically record certain information. These logs include information such as the date and time you access Our Site, the browser you are using, and other common browser information. We will use this log information to help diagnose problems with Our server and to administer Our Site. Your log information also may be used to gather broad demographic information.
Information from Location
When you are using BuzzRx with a browser or mobile device, you may enter a location or give BuzzRx permission to access your location. This enables Us to find you the lowest prescription prices in your area. BuzzRx collects and stores that information. We use this data internally; We do not sell or share this data externally with any third parties. We use a variety of technologies that automatically (or passively) collect certain information to determine your location.
Information from Embedded Scripts
Client-Side Scripting (embedded scripts) is code that exists inside Our HTML page. This code will be processed on Our machine and the HTML page will NOT perform a Postback to the web server. Generally, Our scripting is used for page navigation, data validation, and formatting.
More Information about Cookies
A “cookie” is standard internet technology used to store and track visitor information. It is a bit of information that a website sends to your web browser that helps the website remember information about you and your preferences.
To learn more about cookies and how to specify your preferences, please search for “cookie” in the “Help” portion of your browser.
We use third party technologies, such as pixels, cookies and SDKs on Our website that collect the personal information of visitors to Our website. We use your personal information collected in this manner for a variety of purposes, such as to understand how you use and interact with Our website, or to serve advertisements on Our website or other websites. Third parties, including Facebook, Bing and AdRoll, have pixels, cookies, SDKs or other tracking technologies on Our website and We use these third party technologies to measure and understand how you use or interact with Our website for performance, analytics and advertising purposes.
You should know that these third parties may collect your information from Our website and combine it with your personal information that they collect elsewhere on the Internet and use that information to provide measurement services and target ads to you. We may not have access to all of the information that these third parties collect about you. You may opt out of the collection and use of your personal information by these third parties for the purpose of serving you with Targeted Advertisements by visiting http://www.aboutads.info/choices, or Interest Based Advertising by visiting: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
In addition, you may explore the privacy notices of these third parties for a more complete understanding of what they do with your personal information.
NextRoll (AdRoll pixel): https://www.nextroll.com/privacy
Meta, Inc. (Meta Tracking Pixel): https://www.facebook.com/privacy/policy
Microsoft, Inc. (Bing Advertisements): https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement
Information from “Internet Tags”
“Internet Tags” are also known as single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, invisible GIFs, and 1-by-1 GIFs, and are smaller than cookies and tell the Site server information such as the IP address and browser type related to the visitor’s computer. Tags may be placed both on online advertisements that bring people to the Site and on different pages of the Site. Such tags indicate how many times a page is opened and which information is consulted. “Navigational data” (log files, server logs, and clickstream data) are used for system management, to improve the content of the Site, market research purposes, and to communicate information to visitors.
Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Information
The Site relies upon data from Google Analytics Demographic and Interest reporting. This feature permits BuzzRx to view demographic information as well as other information aggregated from visitors to the Site. This data does not include personally identifying information.
Google sets cookies on your browser or device, and then your web browser will automatically send information to Google. Google uses this information to provide Us with reports that We use to better understand and measure how users interact with Our Site.
We may also implement additional add-on services to Google Analytics, such as:
- Demographics and Interest Reporting, which gathers information such as the age and gender of users, along with certain interests those users express through their purchasing activities and other online activities, by tracking users across websites and across time.
- Remarketing with Google Analytics, which uses user behaviors on Our Site (and within Our App) to help Us identify users for Our remarketing campaigns.
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting, which provides Us information about how often Our ads are shown.
Source: Information We Receive from Third-Party Sources
Information You Provide to Our Marketing Partners
Sometimes We offer marketing materials from a third party. You can opt into receiving them by agreeing to provide Us with your name, contact information, and, if you choose to, limited prescription information. We use this data to fulfill your request for BuzzRx materials and as otherwise specified in any third-party marketing campaigns. Data obtained through the short code texting program will not be shared with any third parties for their marketing reasons/purposes.
Information You Provide to Your Health Care Professionals
Some health care professionals who use BuzzRx may text or email you a discount card and/or coupon with your permission. In order to receive the discount card and/or coupon from your health care professional, you must furnish them with certain contact information, including your phone number or email address. By providing your health care professional with your phone number or email address, you are requesting to be contacted with prescription-related information, and you acknowledge that there may be some risk that the message could be read by a third party. We use this information to assist in sending you the discount card and/or coupon and to provide you with prescription savings opportunities.
Information We Receive from Pharmacy Benefit Managers
Most prescriptions in the United States, including prescriptions filled through the use of discount cards and/or coupons or insurance cards, are administered by Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs). The purchases result in the pharmacy reporting patient data back to the PBM that provides the benefit. When you use a card and/or coupon provided by BuzzRx, We may receive information about the transaction from the corresponding PBM.
Information We Receive from Data Partners
We may supplement the information We collect about you as described above with data We receive from any of Our third-party partners.
Information We Receive from Other Third-Party Sources
We obtain data about individuals from various third-party companies and public sources and We may combine that data with personal information or other data We collect. This enhances Our existing data about Our users (e.g., adding address data, etc.), improves Our ability to contact you, and enhances Our marketing capabilities.
3. Purpose for Collecting Personal Information
We may use all categories of personal information listed above for the following business purposes:
Stated or Agreed to at the Point of Collection
We may use personal information for the purposes stated or agreed-to (or as is obvious) at the point of collection. For example, We use personal information to respond to your questions, comments, or complaints. We may also use personal information as requested or consented to by you.
We use personal information for administrative purposes, such as managing your account, facilitating transactions, order fulfillment, member support, and other related actions for providing and maintaining Our services, to inform Our business strategies, improving Our products and services, to understand the Site’s demographics and user preferences, for evaluating applications, and managing profiles.
We use personal information for Site management, such as troubleshooting problems, improving the content and functionality of the Site, statistical and other analyses of the Site, and to customize the Site to you and Our users. For example, on Our Website or mobile application, We use information to identify and repair errors that may occur, to detect security incidents, and to protect against malicious activity.
Advertising and Communications
To Protect Our Rights
We use personal information to comply with federal, state, and local laws; to comply with a civil, criminal, or regulatory inquiry, investigation, subpoena, or summons by federal, state or local authorities; to cooperate with law enforcement agencies concerning conduct or activity that the business, service provider, or third party reasonably and in good faith believes may violate federal, state, or local law; and to exercise or defend legal claims. We may use personal information to protect Our legal rights or interests, or those of other parties, including to bring a legal action against you or anyone who may be causing harm to Us, Our Site, or to other users of the Site. We may also use personal information to address any DMCA claims or counterclaims, to seek business, financial or legal advice, and to respond to other legal requests.
4. When Do We Share Your Personal Information with A Third Party?
BuzzRx rarely shares information with a third party that associates you personally with your specific prescription information. When We do disclose your personal information, BuzzRx ensures that these third parties are bound to comply with federal standards as to how to handle your personal information. We may share all categories of personal information listed above with the following categories of third parties and/or service providers:
- We may share personal information with Our employees, subsidiaries, and affiliates who have a need to know the information for Our business purposes.
- We may use one or more service providers to safeguard, protect, store, and/or analyze data. We will ensure that this is done safely and securely. This includes information security vendors, data security vendors, and threat detection monitoring service providers.
- We may share your name and address with others if you request a discount card and/or coupon to be mailed to the address you provided, and that information may only be shared with the third parties We use to fulfill discount card and/or coupon requests. This includes mail houses, printers, text and email delivery services.
- We may use other companies to perform services including, without limitation, facilitating some aspects of Our Site, sending email, fulfilling purchase requests, and serving, customizing, or delivering marketing or ads. These other companies may be supplied with or have access to your information solely for the purpose of providing these services to Us or on Our behalf. They do not have any independent right to use or disclose your information. We have contracted with Our service providers to protect any such personal information. This includes pharmacies, pharmacy benefit managers, and other healthcare providers, consumer privacy management software, analytics software, social media networks, and text and email delivery services.
- We may share personal information about you to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process, or to exercise Our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- We will cooperate with law enforcement and other governmental agencies, and may disclose personal information: (i) if We believe in good faith We are legally required to disclose that personal information, (ii) if We are advised to disclose personal information by Our legal counsel, or (iii) when necessary to identify, contact or bring a legal action against someone who may cause or be causing harm to, or interfering with the legal rights of BuzzRx or any other party.
- We may share personal information with Our professional advisors, such as Our attorneys, accountants, financial advisors, in their capacity as advisors to Us.
- We may share personal information with third parties and/or service providers when explicitly requested by or consented to by you, or for the purposes for which you disclosed the personal information to Us as indicated at the time and point of the disclosure (or as was obvious at the time and point of disclosure).
- BuzzRx may transfer its user database, including personal information contained therein, to a third party who acquires all, or substantially all, of the assets or stock of BuzzRx whether by merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, or otherwise. We may provide personal information to the subsequent owner(s), including as part of any due diligence process.
5. Use and Disclosure of De-identified or Aggregated Information
We may collect, use, share, transfer and otherwise process de-identified and aggregated information that We receive or create for any purposes in Our sole discretion, in compliance with applicable laws. We are the sole and exclusive owner of such de-identified and aggregated information, including if We de-identify personal information so that it no longer considered personal information under applicable laws.
6. How to Control Use of Your Personal Information
If you would like to delete the personal information you provided Us or otherwise limit the use of the personal information you provided Us, please contact Us at Info@BuzzRx.com. Keep in mind that there are cases where We are required by federal and state law to keep a copy of the data, such as to comply with state consumer data privacy laws, the TCPA, CAN-SPAM (if you request that We do not email you, We need to keep a copy of your email on Our do-not-email list so that We can keep complying with your request).
7. Data Retention & Minimization
We retain personal information We collect from you for the period of time necessary to provide you with the goods or services that you have requested from Us. We will also retain your personal information where We have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements, to enforce Our agreements or comply with Our legal obligations). When We have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, We will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then We will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing, until deletion is possible.
8. Personally Identifiable Information of Children
Our Site is not intended to be used by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect, use, or share personal information from children under 13. It is Our assumption that Our Site is being used by adults or minors supervised by a parent or guardian. We are committed to complying with the Children&pos;s Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA").
If you believe your child has provided Us with personal information, send Us an email or a letter with the pertinent details to the address provided below in Section 12. We will make commercially reasonable attempts to delete this information immediately.
We encourage parents to talk to their children about their use of the Internet and the information they disclose to websites.
9. Social Media
We are active on social media, including Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn (“Social Media”). Anything you post on Social Media is public information and will not be treated confidentially. We may post (or re-post) on Our Site and Our Social Media pages any comments or content that you post on Our Social Media pages.
Your use of Social Media is governed by the privacy policies, and terms of the providers that own and operate those websites and not by this Policy. We encourage you to review those policies and terms.
10. Other Things You Should You Know About Your Privacy
The security, integrity, and confidentiality of your information are extremely important to Us. We have implemented technical, administrative, and physical security measures that are designed to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, and modification. We regularly review Our security procedures to consider commercially appropriate new technology and methods.
We also require that any of Our service providers, who may have access to your personal information, sign a Data Processing Agreement that, among other things, requires that those service providers safeguard and protect any and all of the personal information that We may send to them (or that they receive on Our behalf) to fulfill one or more of Our business needs.
Please be aware that, despite Our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Although We will exercise reasonable care in providing secure transmission of information between your computer and Our servers, We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to Us over the Internet and We accept no liability for any unintentional disclosure. You provide personal information at your own risk. If a breach of your personal information occurs, We will notify you of the breach if required under applicable law.
Violation of Law, Rule or Regulation
The provisions elaborated herein will not apply in the event that you engage in certain improper conduct. BuzzRx shall have the right to use or release to third parties personally identifiable information regarding users who use this Site for any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or who engage in conduct which BuzzRx deems improper.
Links to Other Websites
NOTE: We are not responsible for the privacy practices of websites operated by third parties that are linked to or integrated with Our Site, including the websites of Our partners, or for the privacy practices of third-party internet advertising companies.
BuzzRx does not act on behalf of, nor are We an agency of, any of the pharmacies referenced on this Site, who are independent companies.
Do Not Track Requests
Currently, We do not respond to browser "Do Not Track" signals.
To Our Visitors Outside of the United States of America
The BuzzRx services are intended for use only by residents of the United States of America, including Puerto Rico, Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands.If you access Our Site from outside the United States, please be aware that personal information may be transferred to, stored in, and processed in the United States. Certain governmental authorities may not consider the level of protection of personal information in the United States to be equivalent to that required in other jurisdictions.
12. Contacting BuzzRx
Water Tree Ventures LLC, d/b/a BuzzRx
1 East Broward Boulevard
Suite 205 West
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Telephone: 844-749-1019 (available Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm EST)